Province and Health Officials talk restaurant patios in Ontario

CKTB - NEWS - Patios

Restaurant patios in Ontario is one aspect the Ford government and health officials are taking a serious look at for phase 2 of the province's economic reopening plan. 

Premier Doug Ford says they're in discussions with health officials about the second stage of reopening, and he hopes to bring it forward in the next week. 

Numbers of new cases have gone up and down in the two weeks since Ontario entered stage one, and the province has previously said it wants to see a consistent, two-to-four-week decline in new cases before reopening more.

Ford says even though Ontario extended its state of emergency Tuesday until June 30, it won't slow down the reopening process.

The Province announced 338 new cases of COVID-19 today, which represents a 1.2 per cent increase from yesterday. 

In Niagara, health officials are reporting a big spike in numbers with 40 new cases of COVID-19, after reporting none on Tuesday.