Waste Collection impacts during winter storm in Hamilton
HAMILTON, ON – Due to road conditions caused by the heavy snowfall, the City is informing residents that waste collection scheduled for today is cancelled and options for postponed pick-up.
The City is asking that residents hold back their waste until their next regularly scheduled collection day. The next regularly scheduled collection day for impacted residents will fall on Monday, January 24.
The bag limit for waste will be increased to two bags before needing trash tags for residents who do not receive waste pick-up today.
With snow and high winds expected over the course of the remaining winter season, here are some tips for securing waste and containers in winter weather conditions:
- Wait until 7 am to place green cart, blue boxes and garbage at the curb
- Place heaviest recycling items on the top of the blue box to weigh down the lighter items
- Stand up paper or cardboard in the blue box instead of laying it flat
- Keep recyclables below the rim of the blue box
- Don’t use a garbage bin – use a bag instead so the container does not blow around once emptied
- Clear the snow off of the blue boxes, green carts and waste containers so they are visible to the collection crews from the street
SOURCE: CITY OF HAMILTON
NITM Roundtable with Steph Vivier GUESTS: Brandon Currie - Chartered Life Underwriter, Certified Financial Planner at C.R. Smith Financial Jeff Chesebrough - CEO Innovate Niagara
Professor Marvin Ryder joins Steph Vivier
Bryce Brunarski Niagara EMS Supervisor joins Steph Vivier