Welland Fire officials say family saved by working carbon monoxide alarm

CKTB - NEWS - Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Welland Fire officials are reminding all residents to check their carbon monoxide detectors after an alarm saved a family.

Last week firefighters responded to a 911 call after a carbon monoxide alarm went off in a home.

When they arrived, they determined there was a dangerous level of carbon monoxide in the house.

Officials say the alarm saved the lives of the family since the deadly gas is colourless, odourless, and flavourless.

  • Niagara's Female Leaders Series

    Shelby Knox Speaks with Kate Bezanson – Associate Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences and Associate Professor, Sociology at Brock University and Julie Rorison – Brock University Manager of Community Relations regarding Niagara's female leaders 
  • Niagara's Female Leaders Series

    Shelby Knox Speaks with Laura Ip – St. Catharines Regional Councillor and Clare Cameron – Niagara-on-the-Lake Councillor regarding Niagara's female leaders in politics 
  • Niagara's Female Leaders Series

    Shelby Knox Speaks with Debbie Zimmerman – CEO Grape Growers of Ontario and Ruth Unrau – Host Niagara Made regarding female leaders in Niagara