Ted's Easy Play Dough
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup baking soda
3/4 cup water
optional: 2-3 drops of essential oils are fun to add-in
optional: 4-5 drops of food colouring
- In a saucepan with NO heat, add the cornstarch, baking soda, water and stir.
- Place your saucepan on the stovetop and turn your heat to medium.
- Continue stirring the mix constantly. It will start to bubble slightly and that’s when it happens really fast. It will begin to turn solid. Once a ball starts to form (4-5 minutes) take your pan off the heat.
- Place your dough onto a piece of parchment paper or a silicone mat. Let it cool, it will be very hot. To speed the cooling process, flip it over and knead it a bit as it’s cooling down. Be careful, it’s HOT.
- Once your dough is cool you have the option of adding in a food colouring or scent. Option: add 2-3 drops of essential oil, we used lemon, and knead it into the dough. Option: add drops of food colouring to your desired colour, even 1 drop will give it some colour.
That’s it, super easy! Now it’s time to play. Get out the cookie cutters, lollipop sticks, and plastic utensils and have some fun creating! Your kids are gonna love this.