8 Stunt Drivers Charged Over 7 Days
FROM/DE: Grey Bruce Detachment DATE: June 12, 2020
8 STUNT DRIVERS CHARGED OVER 7 DAYS
(CHATSWORTH, ON) -Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have stopped 8 stunt drivers, over the past 7 days, for travelling at a speed 50 kilometres per hour or more over the posted speed limit. The traffic stops occurred across the patrol area of Grey Bruce OPP detachment.
Grey Bruce OPP charged the following 8 drivers with stunt driving, 50km/h or more over the posted speed limit, section 172(1) Highway Traffic Act (HTA).
- 18 year old from Meaford, stopped on Grey Road 40, Chatsworth
- 23 year old from Nepean, stopped on Bruce Street, South Bruce Peninsula
- 26 year old from South Bruce, stopped on Grey Bruce Line, Chatsworth
- 22 year old from Brampton, stopped on Highway 6, Northern Bruce Peninsula
- 27 year old from Arran-Elderslie, stopped on Highway 10, Southgate
- 25 year old from Scarborough, stopped on Highway 6, Northern Bruce Peninsula
- 48 year old from Brampton, stopped on Highway 6, South Bruce Peninsula
- 35 year old from Hamilton, stopped on Highway 6, Northern Bruce Peninsula
From January 1, 2020 to June 12, 2020 Grey Bruce OPP have charged 43 drivers with stunt driving on area highways.
Grey Bruce OPP are asking the public to report unsafe driving, including excessive speeding and aggressive driving.
- 30 -
Contact: PC Adam Belanger
Media Relations Officer
Twitter - @OPP_WR
Facebook - @OPPWest