City of Owen Sound Reminder Regarding Final Property Tax Bills
Reminder Regarding Final Property Tax Bills
Owen Sound, Ontario – Wednesday, June 24, 2020 – The City would like to remind ratepayers that final property tax bills for 2020 are being mailed out this week. To allow ratepayers more time to navigate the financial impacts of COVID-19, the City has deferred the final two property tax instalment due dates:
- The first final property tax instalment due date was extended from June 30, 2020 to September 30, 2020;
- The second final property tax instalment due date was extended from September 30, 2020 to December 15, 2020.
Pre-authorized payments will continue as normal for all property owners who are currently on either of the monthly pre-authorized payment plans. For property owners who are currently on the instalment due date pre-authorized payment plans, the withdrawal dates will now be September 30 and December 15.
Property owners who wish to temporarily withdraw from any pre-authorized payment plans must contact City Hall two weeks prior to the scheduled payment date. This can be done by emailing email@example.com or calling the Tax Department at 519-376-4440 ext. 1249.
City Hall remains closed to the public, however, payments can be made through any of our alternate channels, which include:
- Online and telephone banking;
- At your financial institution;
- By using the drop-box located at the front door of City Hall; and
- Mail to City Hall.
For more information, please contact Christine Gilbert, Manager of Revenue at 519-376-4440 ext. 1223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Hall is located at 808 2nd Avenue East, Owen Sound, ON. N4K 2H4.