City of Owen Sound- Some Recreational Amenities Open to Public
Some Recreational Amenities Open to Public
Owen Sound, Ontario – Friday, May 22, 2020 – The Province of Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health announced on May 19, that amendments have been made to Ontario Regulation 104/20 that will permit the opening of some outdoor recreational amenities.
As of Friday, May 22 at 12:00PM, the following amenities in the City of Owen Sound are open to the public:
· Sportsfields such as soccer fields, baseball diamonds, running track;
· Off-leash dog park (reopened May 19);
· Harrison Park basketball and tennis court;
· Public benches; and
· Municipal boat launches (reopened May 16).
Strict guidelines as required by the Province remain in place. This includes:
· Maintaining physical distancing of two metres except for members of the same household;
· Team sports are not permitted; and
· Groups of more than five are not permitted.
On June 1, the City anticipates that other amenities will be added, including:
- Kiwanis Sk8 & Bike Park;
- Four public washrooms (Harrison Park Inn, Farmers’ Market, East Side Boat Launch, Scenic City Order of Good Cheer Washroom at Kelso Beach); and
- Picnic areas and shelters where available.
The city’s website provides up to date information on closures and amenities available due to COVID-19.
For more information, please contact Pamela Coulter, Director of Community Services at 519-376-4440 ext. 1252 or email email@example.com.
City Hall is located at 808 2nd Avenue East, Owen Sound, ON N4K 2H4.