Municipality of Meaford Have Your Say on the 2021 Budget
September 15, 2020
Have Your Say on the 2021 Budget
The Municipality of Meaford would like to hear from you as we prepare the 2021 Municipal budget. Please take our survey (click link HERE), and come to the budget engagement session at the Woodford Community Centre at 6:30 p.m. on October 28, 2020.
At their meeting on September 14, Meaford Council provided direction to staff to prepare a draft 2021 budget which includes:
- No enhancements to services or staff unless required to mitigate the impacts of COVID-19
- A 1% tax levy increase dedicated for roads capital funding
- A 1% tax levy increase dedicated for bridge capital funding
- A 0.5% tax levy increase dedicated for facility capital funding
- Tax and user pay operating budgets incorporating a Cost of Living salary adjustment of 1%
They also directed staff to allocate any new revenue from assessment growth due to new development and building construction to offset budget increases, as well as to allocate Gas Tax funding to road resurfacing projects.
“The annual budget process relies on feedback from the public” said Treasurer Darcy Chapman. “Let us know how you would like to see your tax dollars spent so Council can make decisions based on the priorities of the community. Public feedback sets the foundation for all Council decisions.”
More information on the Municipal budget and a link to the budget survey can be found at www.meaford.ca/budget2021. The survey will be available until Friday October 16, 2020.