Town of Hanover Relaxes More Rules with P&H Centre Re-Opening Sept 8
September 2, 2020
TOWN OF HANOVER RELAXES MORE RULES WITH P & H CENTRE RE-OPENING SEPTEMBER 8, 2020
HANOVER, ON – The P & H Centre is an important aspect of the health and mental well-being of our residents and visitors. The Centre has been closed since March 13 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. On September 8, the Centre will re-open its doors to customer service inquiries and walking track use. The aquatic centre will open on September 21.
The use of the P & H Centre will be very different than before as our staff have worked diligently to ensure a safe environment for all.
Patrons should expect a different experience as staff ensure that Public Health directives, including, but not limited to, physical distancing, self screening for symptoms and facility capacities will be maintained. As per the Grey Bruce Health Unit order, face coverings/masks must be worn when at the P & H Centre, with certain exemptions. Patrons should delay their visit to the P & H Centre if they are experiencing symptoms such as fever, new cough, shortness of breath or sore throat, have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or have been in close contact with a person with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
Individuals using the walking track will need to sign in, self monitor for physical distancing and be mindful of Public Health directives such as hand hygiene and avoid touching common surfaces. Patrons should limit the items they bring with them and leave the facility promptly after their use of the track.
The Aquatic Centre will provide opportunities for aquafit, public swims, lane swims, adult and tot, family swims and adult and senior swims with the following expectations:
- All swimmers must pre-register online for swims. Registration can be completed over the phone or in person if online is not possible.
- Maximum capacities apply for all programs to ensure physical distancing.
- Swim spectators will be limited at this time.
- Face coverings will be required and can be removed just before entering the pool.
- Aquatic program participants are encouraged to arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your program start and check in at the customer service desk.
- Changerooms or locker facilities will not be available at this time. Swimmers will be required to enter and exit the facility with their bathing suit and desired cover up on. Changerooms will be available for washroom use. The patience of our patrons is appreciated as staff consider a plan for changeroom use.
- Access to the pool deck will be through the family changeroom for all swimmers.
- At the end of the program, swimmers must promptly towel off, put on cover up clothing and leave the pool deck through the male and female changerooms, the designated exits at this time.
- Staff will be reminding and enforcing physical distancing on deck and in the pool.
- The sauna, slide, rope and mushroom water feature will not be available.
- The wading pool and swirlpool will only be available at designated times during lane swims and will not be available during aquafit programs.
- An important operational change is that pre-registration is required for all swim programs for all patrons including those who have a membership or swim pass. Participants can register 7 days in advance of the program, online on the Town’s website hanover.ca/e-services.
- It is anticipated that a fall swim lesson program will be offered. Staff are working on a plan for lessons and when details are confirmed, information will be available on the Town website, social media and e-newsletter. To be added to our e-newsletter distribution list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Re-opening Newsletter provides detailed information and instructions about the P & H Centre’s processes. As well, walking track hours, pool schedule, how to register online, swim program instructions and more can be found online at www.hanover.ca. If you have questions, contact our staff at 519.364.2310 x 0.
- The Town of Hanover would like to remind residents of the potential for the circulation of COVID-19 in our community. Individuals using our facilities are required to practice 2m physical distancing, wash or use hand sanitizer regularly, wash hands immediately upon returning home and wear a face covering/mask. Users of Hanover’s facilities, such as the P & H Centre, are also reminded that when you attend these facilities as a participant, spectator or patron you assume risk when in our facility. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By visiting any publicly accessible facility such as the P & H Centre you are voluntarily assuming all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage and possible exposure to a communicable disease, including COVID-19.
- More information can be found at ontario.ca/coronavirus or publichealthgreybruce.on.ca for information from the Grey Bruce Health Unit.
- Updates on Town of Hanover operations can be found at hanover.ca or by following #InThisTogetherHanover