Town of Hanover Relaxes More Rules With Playground and Skateboard Park
July 20, 2020
TOWN OF HANOVER RELAXES MORE RULES WITH PLAYGROUNDS AND SKATEBOARD PARK
(Hanover, ON) – The Province has announced that some regions of Ontario can now proceed to Phase 3 of its Framework for Reopening the Province. In consideration of this, the Town of Hanover is further relaxing some restrictions on municipal playgrounds and the skateboard park as part of a careful and cautious approach to expanding access to municipal facilities amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The following activities are now permitted in the Town of Hanover:
• All Town of Hanover playgrounds are now open. Note that equipment is not being sanitized. Please adhere to all posted signage.
• The 7th Avenue skateboard park is now open. Note that equipment is not being sanitized. Please adhere to all posted signage.
• In accordance with the Province’s Stage 3 framework for reopening, outdoor gathering limits have been increased to 100. This includes events and activities in parks and open spaces.
• Public washrooms at Hanover Park and the Rail Lands (soccer fields) are open and will be cleaned twice daily.
• Pavilions at Hanover Park and Binkley/Paterson (Kinsmen Ball Park) are open. Kitchen facilities remain closed.
• Soccer fields may be used provided provincial rules and governing sport association directives are followed. The Town will also have to approve an organization’s ‘Return to Play/Operation’ plan.
• Ball diamonds may be used provided provincial rules and governing sport association directives are followed for individual or group use. The Town will also have to approve an organization’s ‘Return to Play/Operation’ plan.
• The Rotary Dog Park is open. Please follow safety precautions posted on the gate to the park.
• Benches in parks, open spaces and the trails are permitted to be used. Please follow precaution signage.
• Trails are open. Please follow safety precautions posted along the trail.
• Park visitors are encouraged to bring their own chair or blankets for sitting in parks and open spaces.
The Town is continuing to work on putting in place appropriate procedures to ensure the safety of our residents and the staff that maintain these facilities. Until further announcements are made, the following remain closed to the public:
• Aquatic Centre.
• Civic Centre.
Hanover Public Library is now providing curb side pickup, with new member registration and membership renewals. While the library remains closed, summer programming for children is going online, starting Monday, June 29, 2020. Please contact the library or watch library social media, website and email for details.
The Town of Hanover would like to remind residents of the potential for the circulation of COVID-19 in our community. Residents are still required to practice 2m physical distancing, limit public gatherings to 50 or less people indoors and 100 outdoors, wash or use hand sanitizer before eating or drinking, wash hands immediately upon returning home, avoid crowds at parks, trails and open spaces, and leash dogs at all times. As of July 17, the Medical Officer of Health for the Grey Bruce Health Unit has ordered that anyone who owns or operates a commercial establishment use best efforts to restrict persons from entering an indoor area that is open or accessible to the public or remaining within the area if that person is not wearing a face covering. Certain exemptions will apply.
The Town would also like to remind users of Hanover’s public facilities that these areas are available for use at your own risk and are not regularly sanitized. An inherent risk of exposure to communicable diseases including COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By visiting any parks, playgrounds and publicly accessible spaces you are voluntarily assuming all risks including any risk of injury, loss, damage and possible exposure to a communicable disease, including COVID-19.
Municipal by-law enforcement will continue to enforce gatherings restrictions, dogs off-leash, and anyone using closed amenities.
More information can be found at ontario.ca/coronavirus or publichealthgreybruce.on.ca for information from the Grey Bruce Health Unit.
Updates on Town of Hanover operations can be found at hanover.ca or by following #InThisTogetherHanover
- 30 -
Brian Tocheri, CAO/Clerk
Town of Hanover