Update from the Grey Bruce Health Unit for April 5, 2021
Testing and case counts reported as of 23:59 hrs, April 4, 2021:
- 6 new case(s) reported in past 24 hours in Grey Bruce: 2 South Bruce Peninsula, 1 Owen Sound, 1 Southgate, 1 Northern Bruce Peninsula, 1 Grey Highlands
- 6 cases referred from other health units: 3 South Bruce Peninsula, 2 Southgate, 1 Brockton
- 870 confirmed cases
- Includes 58 cases of Variants of Concern (VOC), 21 active
- 68 active case(s)
- 425 active high-risk contacts
- 798 resolved cases
- 5 confirmed case(s) hospitalized in Grey and Bruce due to COVID-19
- 2 Grey-Bruce residents hospitalized outside of Grey and Bruce
- 4 deaths
- 84 cases reported in health care workers; reports health care workers living in Grey Bruce and working both in and outside Grey Bruce
- 32,134 total doses of COVID-19 vaccine administered in Grey and Bruce
Future Vaccination Planning:
- For week of April 5, vaccinations will focus on: clients 70+ (Hockey Hubs); First Nation Communities and First Nation Clients not living in First Nation Communities; Retirement Home staff, residents and essential caregivers (2nd dose); congregate settings, family health team clinics. For Stage 2 Priority groups see: Vaccine Three-Phase Plan (publichealthgreybruce.on.ca)
- Those turning 70 this year or older, born 1951 or earlier, can make appointments through the provincial on-line booking system for COVID-19 vaccinations at https://ontario.ca/bookvaccine. Those without access to the internet can call the toll-free number 1-888-999-6488.
- Clients without a Health Care Provider or a Health Care Provider outside Grey Bruce, should call the toll-free number 1-888-999-6488.
- For more information, please view the following: Implementation of Provincial Booking System Across Public Health Units | Ontario Newsroom
- For detailed Frequently asked questions – visit: Book Vaccine Appointment (publichealthgreybruce.on.ca)
- Appointments are not available by calling your healthcare provider. Appointments are not available by calling the Health Unit.
- No one will be left out.
- 1 Facility(ies) in COVID-19 outbreak. Reported in Hospitals
- 0 Facility(ies) in COVID-19 outbreak. Reported in Long-Term Care/Retirement Homes
- 0 Facility(ies) in COVID-19 outbreak. Reported in Schools
- 0 Facility(ies) in COVID-19 outbreak. Reported in Childcare Centres
Actions Taken In the Past 24 Hours:
- Public Health has been actively engaged to support schools with ongoing updates and consultation meetings with local Boards and officials from all schools in Grey and Bruce
- GBHU COVID-19 Team continue with case and contact management, reporting, and responding to COVID-19 related calls. Contact tracing exceeds provincial targets with 100% of all cases contacted within 24 hours
- GBHU Team continue to ensure essential public health activities not related to COVID-19
Provincial COVID-19 Data - https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data