Bruce County launches online jobs site
Bruce County has launched the region’s most comprehensive job board, connecting employers with job seekers on a single platform, called ‘Jobs in Bruce.’
The Bruce County Economic Development team works every day to ensure they have the right mechanisms in place to support the growth and development of local businesses.
“We know that many employers are facing workforce challenges and labour shortages,” says Jill Roote, Bruce County’s Manager of Economic Development. “To better understand the skill vacancy landscape and how Bruce County can help, the County created an online automated platform to get a better understanding of where the job vacancies are.”
‘Jobs in Bruce’ is an interactive database of local employment opportunities and employment-related community services. The tool includes:
1. Job Board: detailed list of all the jobs available in Bruce County, aggregated daily and automatically from national, provincial, and local job boards.
2. Job Map: showcasing job postings and employment-related services.
3. Explore Careers: showcasing the jobs that are in demand and the number of jobs available in a specific occupation.
Built-in reporting functions will help provide insights to employers, communities and businesses on the:
• the number of vacancies,
• the types of jobs in demand,
• the types of skills required to fill vacancies,
• the communities facing shortages,
• top occupations experiencing vacancies,
• the employers with vacancies and their location.
“In order to fully understand the workforce issues, it is critical to focus first on gathering information, assessing where the needs are and identifying gaps,” says Roote. “Collecting primary data that identifies where the labour shortages exist, what sectors are recruiting and what kind of jobs are in demand, is a critical first step.”