Decommissioning of Detour for the Giche-name-wiikwedong (10th Street) Bridge
Owen Sound, Ontario
Friday, April 9, 2021
Weather permitting, beginning on Monday, April 12, drivers can expect disruptions in the City’s downtown as the detour set up to accommodate the 10th Street Bridge closure will be returned to pre-construction traffic flow pattern. We appreciate your patience during this time. This work is expected to be completed by Friday, April 16.
The decommissioning work includes;
- New pavement marking
- Traffic light timing and signalization
- Removal of temporary signage and signage on permanent poles
Please see a summary below for road/lane closures and delays:
- 9th Street from 3rd Avenue East to 3rd Avenue West
- 8th Street from 3rd Avenue East to 3rd Avenue West
- 3rd Avenue East from 8th Street East to 10th Street East
- 2nd Avenue West from 8th Street West to 10th Street West
- 3rd Avenue West from 8th Street West to 10th Street West
Drivers should also expect delays along 10th Street at the 3rd Avenue East and 2nd Avenue West intersections.
The following on-street parking will be restored:
- 100 and 200 blocks of 8th Street East and 9th Street East
- 800 and 900 blocks of 3rd Avenue East and 3rd Avenue West
- 100 and 200 blocks of 9th Street West
Two-hour on-street and five-hour municipal lot parking remains complimentary in the City’s downtown.
You may be interested in...
3 new cases reported in past 24 hours in Grey Bruce: 2 – Georgian Bluffs; 1 – Brockton 1209 confirmed cases Includes 282 cases of Variants of Concern (VOC), 32 active 56 active cases
6 new cases reported in past 24 hours in Grey Bruce: 3 – Georgian Bluffs; 2 – West Grey; 1 – Chatsworth 1206 confirmed cases Includes 277 cases of Variants of Concern (VOC), 28 active 58 active cases
The Ministry of Transportation says they're delaying the Big Canoe's sailing season until further notice while the provincial stay at home orders remain in effect