Evacuation Order rescinded for 28 parcels, now on Evacuation Alert
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) advises that the Nk’Mip Creek Wildfire Evacuation Order for 28 parcels (23 with civic addresses) issued on July 24, 2021 at 11:00 am has been Rescinded. The properties below previously under Evacuation Order are now on Evacuation Alert. All properties previously under Evacuation Alert will remain under Evacuation Alert.
BC Wildfire Service and the RDOS EOC are actively assessing the ongoing situation and should conditions deteriorate, Evacuation Orders may be issued for affected residents. Property owners will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an Evacuation Order, however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Proactive measures to prepare for an Evacuation Order are strongly advised. Please see the information listed below. A full list of properties and map are included below.
401 BURROWING OWL PL 4891 BLACK SAGE RD 489 BLACK HILLS RD
500 BURROWING OWL PL 4923 BLACK SAGE RD 487 SADDLE RIDGE RD
555 BURROWING OWL PL 5393 BLACK SAGE RD 481 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4039 BLACK SAGE RD 5407 BLACK SAGE RD 490 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4099 BLACK SAGE RD 5431 BLACK SAGE RD 495 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4119 BLACK SAGE RD 5477 BLACK SAGE RD 498 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4315 BLACK SAGE RD 420 BLACK HILLS RD 501 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4839 BLACK SAGE RD 475 BLACK HILLS RD
Regional District Okanagan Similkameen
Emergency Support Services (ESS)
Evacuees on Evacuation Order who require further services: extensions will be provided starting Monday, July 26, 2021
For evacuees whose support services expire Monday, July 26, the Reception Centre at Oliver Legion will be open (July 26) between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm to provide support. If you've left the area and will not be returning to Oliver to receive support, please call ESS: 250-486-1890
For evacuees whose support services expire Tuesday, July 27, the Reception Centre at Oliver Legion will be open between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm (July 27).
The call centre will be open Tuesday, July 27.
If you do not attend the Reception Centre in person after your support services exprire, call centre volunteers will contact you to confirm whether you require additional services.
Garrison Lake wildfire
- An Evacuation Order was issued for two (2) properties on Saturday, July 24, 2021 at 8:00 pm
- Search and Rescue provided notice to property owners
- 139 properties remain on Evacuation Alert due to the Garrison Lake wildfire, east of East Gate
Nk’Mip Creek wildfire
There has been no change to the Evacuation Orders and Alerts within the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS), since Saturday, July 24, 2021.
- 568 properties remain on Evacuation Order
- 136 properties remain on Evacuation Alert
Brenda Creek wildfire
- 41 properties (42 parcels) remain on Evacuation Order
- Two (2) properties remain on Evacuation Alert
Thomas Creek wildfire
- 705 properties remain on Evacuation Alert
- Visitors should be mindful of BCWS operations, Evacuation Alerts and Orders
- Check drivebc.ca for latest road updates including highway closures
- The Regional District strongly recommends anyone on Evacuation Order to leave the area immediately for your safety and to allow BC Wildfire and crews to work within the evacuated area
- Avoid operational areas, including Skaha Lake and Osoyoos Lake and respect Area Restrictions
- If you are on Evacuation Alert, please pre-register at ess.gov.bc.ca and make a plan if you are to evacuate
Osoyoos Indian Band (OIB) EOC
OIB would like to thank everyone for their continued support.
OIB is still accepting donations of water, Gatorade, pet food, and grocery cards.
Donations can be arranged through email: email@example.com
All Evacuation Orders and Alerts will remain in place today (July 25, 2021).
OIB leadership would like to encourage Band Members to check on each other, let people know where you are and that you are ok.