BC transit announces changes for Revelstoke system
BC Transit and the City of Revelstoke work hard to align transit service with customer demand and starting December 1, 2023, major changes are being made to the Revelstoke Transit System.
This service change will enhance service to the Revelstoke Mountain Resort and will create a single transit system with user-friendly schedules and maps.
As part of this service change the following routes will be impacted:
- Route 1 Southside and Route 3 Big Eddy will see minor schedule improvements for a more predictable schedule
- A new Route 5 Resort Shuttle will replace Route 2 Columbia Park’s eastbound routing. This includes increased service to Revelstoke Mountain Resort/Downtown and in hotel zones. This will be year-round service, seven days per week, with additional service in the Peak Ski Season
- Route 3 Big Eddy will replace Route 2 Columbia Park’s westbound routing
- The Columbia Park neighbourhood will have increased service year-round
Other changes coming to the Revelstoke Transit System:
- Regular service on all conventional routes on Statutory Holidays, this includes routes 1, 3 and 5
- Cash fares for the Resort Shuttle will be reduced to $2.00, to align with the Revelstoke Transit fare structure. Cash and monthly fares will remain the same for other routes. For more information or to buy the Resort Shuttle Winter season pass please click here.
- Route 5 Resort Shuttle will not be fully accessible. Customers who qualify are encouraged to register with handyDART
This service change is aligned with the Revelstoke Transportation Master Plan and the Revelstoke Transit Future Service Plan. These plans were created following public engagement and then approved by Revelstoke council. BC Transit is always improving the overall transit experience through feedback from customers.
For more information about trip planning, schedules and to sign up for customer alerts, please visit bctransit.com/revelstoke.