Civic & Community Awards
Everyone knows somebody extraordinary – and now’s the time to celebrate them. Help recognize the contributions of Kelowna’s outstanding organizations and individuals by submitting a nomination for a Civic & Community Award. The nomination deadline is Friday, February 14.
“The Civic & Community Awards recognize the talent, dedication and generosity of those who made Kelowna a better place to live in 2019. We’re looking to the community to help us recognize those artists, athletes, volunteers, environmentalists and organizations,” said Melina Moran, Civic & Community Awards spokesperson. “These awards have been held annually since 1974 and we’re looking forward to celebrating all of the hard work and talent that residents have brought to our city in our 45th annual awards night.”
Nomination categories include:
- Central Okanagan Foundation – Volunteer Organization of the Year
- Corporate Community of the Year
- Champion for the Environment Award
- Fred Macklin & Sarah Donalda-Treadgold Memorial Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Honour and Teen Honour in the Arts
- Male & Female Athlete of the Year
- Bob Giordano Memorial Award – Volunteer Coach or Sport Administrator of the Year
- Bryan Couling Memorial Award – Athletic Team of the Year
The Young Citizen of the Year finalists will also receive funding towards their post-secondary education through the Dillon Thomas Budd and Payton Leigh Budd Youth Scholarship, sponsored by the Thomas Alan Budd Foundation.
Nominations can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies can be submitted at City Hall or Parkinson Recreation Centre.
For nominations forms or to learn more, visit kelowna.ca/civicawards.