Get help with the rebuilding process

Document (wings) (25)

Now that the Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) has removed the building permit moratorium for the wildfire-affected areas of the Shuswap, residents can move forward with applying for their permits.

Support is available for Shuswap residents looking to rebuild on their properties in the wake of the Bush Creek East wildfires. The best thing property owners can do is to contact CSRD Development Services. Moving forward with any development project will be much easier if property owners understand the process and the timeline from the start.

“No one has to figure this out on their own,” says Corey Paiement, Manager of Planning Services. “We have trained staff to help you navigate the steps required, so we encourage all residents to take advantage of our services and reach out to us directly. We are here to help.”

CSRD Development Services staff will review your building ideas and work with you to explain all the regulations and requirements specific to your property. They can also suggest possible options for development.

As part of the process, other agencies such as the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, BC Hydro or local water and sewage providers may need to be engaged in the process.  CSRD staff will also be able to advise property owners about any requirements.

For an overview of the Development process, visit the Rebuilding section of the Recover Shuswap website: and then contact CSRD Development Services directly. 

Property owners can:

  • Email:
  • Email:
  • Phone: 250-832-8194
  • Visit the CSRD office at 555 Harbourfront Drive NE, Salmon Arm between 9 AM and 4 PM, Monday to Friday excluding statutory holidays. Appointments are recommended, but not required.