Have a say in future recreational facilities and programs in West Kelowna
The City is looking for input from its residents in West Kelowna and our neighbours in Westbank First Nation and the District of Peachland, especially those who use our facilities and programs, to determine future recreational needs.
Residents can participate in several ways, including attending sessions at the recreational facilities they use:
- Complete our online questionnaire at www.westkelownacity.ca/recreationsurvey by September 27.
- Attend one of our pop up information booths at a local facility:
- September 18 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre;
- September 19 from 8 to 10 a.m. at Johnson Bentley Memorial Aquatic Centre;
- September 19 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Westbank Library Branch;
- September 19 from 12:45 to 2:15 p.m. at Westbank Lions Community Centre;
- September 19 from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at CNR Wharf; and,
- September 19 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at Jim Lind Arena and Royal LePage Place.
Feedback from the survey and the pop up info sessions will help create the City’s first ever Recreational Facilities and Programming Master Plan, which will go to Council in spring 2020 for consideration of adoption. Once adopted, Council and staff can consider the improvements recommended in the plan, on a priority basis, and as funds are available, in capital budget deliberations over the next 20 years.
Read this news update on our website