Okanagan Humane Society launches online raffle
For the first time in its 24-year history, the Okanagan Humane Society (OHS) will be conducting their annual fundraiser raffle online, ushering the organization into a new digital world. Over the years, the 100% volunteer-run organization has worked tirelessly not only to help animals throughout the Okanagan Valley and Shuswap regions but also to keep up with the way the public interacts and donates to OHS.
"We are excited to launch our raffle online and touch an entirely new audience who may not know about our organization," said OHS President Romany Runnalls. "We hope our supporters will like the
ease of purchasing online while supporting animals in their community. This year we had some wonderful supporters step up and donate outstanding prizes. We know the lucky ticket will enjoy
winning our grand prize staycation."
The new OHS Online Raffle to Rescue Animals will raise essential funds for animals in need from the Shuswap region all the way to the South Okanagan. All of the prizes have been generously donated by supporters, which means that all the money raised from the raffle will go to OHS animal rescue work. The timing of this raffle highlights the ongoing and important work conducted by OHS volunteers. Recently, an OHS team of volunteers headed to Cherryville to conduct a large scale trap and rescue operation. OHS and rescuers were able to bring in 11 cats and kittens to be fixed, vaccinated, chipped and rehomed to wonderful farms. We still have approximately 6-8 remaining to catch before the end of November to ensure they are all rescued before the snow flies.
"We have a massive rescue on our hands and we will require more than $5,000 to ensure these cats receive the proper veterinary care which includes spaying/neutering, vaccinations, deworming, and
microchipping," explained Runnalls. "We really need the community's help with donations to give these animals a fighting chance."
Anyone looking to donate directly can do so online and receive a charitable tax receipt instantly. The OHS Raffle to Rescue the Animals kicks off November 4, 2020, and will run until March 21,
2021. Tickets for the Raffle to Rescue the Animals are one for $5.00. To learn more, visit the raffle website.
This year we are pleased to offer the following prizes:
- Two Early Bird Draws for $500 each
- Grand Prize: Valued at $1500 - donated by the Jane Hoffman Real Estate Group:
- THREE Nights’ Accommodation for TWO in the Premier King Suite at the Best Western Plus in Revelstoke.
- $200.00 Gift Certificate at the 112 Restaurant & Lounge
- TWO Days of 18 holes of golf for 2 at Revelstoke Golf Course or 2 adult lift passes for
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort (4 passes total)
- Complimentary Hot Breakfast for TWO
- Second Prize
- $1,000 Cash - Donated by a private donor, Colleen Dickson, along with the 2 early bird draws of
- $500 each
- Third Prize (Approx. $200+ value)
- Cat Goody Basket
- Fourth Prize (Approx. $200+ value)
- Dog Goody Basket
- Fifth Prize ($350 value)
- Spay or neuter an animal at one of our partner veterinary clinics.