Why September 2nd Matters In Rock History
It’s September 2nd and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1989, Ozzy Osbourne was charged with threatening to kill his wife, Sharon. He was released from custody on the condition that he immediately go into rehab. The case was eventually dropped when the couple reconciled.
- In 1970, Genesis put an advertisement for a drummer in UK magazine Melody Maker. Former child actor-turned-drummer Phil Collins answered.
- In 1993, after opening some shows overseas for Neil Young, Pearl Jam joined the singer onstage at the MTV Video Music Awards to do “Rockin’ In The Free World.”
- In 1978, George Harrison married Olivia Trinidad Arias, a secretary for his Dark Horse record label.
- And in 2001, Slipknot had the No. 1 album in the UK with Iowa.
And that’s what happened today in rock history.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio
It is the first new album from the Canadian band since 2016.
The pop superstar did not give her children a free ride.
The musician was injured by a Dachshund he tried to help.
Here is what popped on this day.
The rap star is getting into the fried chicken business.
He will miss at least three shows.
The country star said it has everything a country song needs.
Here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history.
Kamilah Chavis is 35 years his junior.