AM800 Community Events
The AM800 Community Calendar is for Non-Profit Events ONLY.
Events MUST be submitted at least two weeks prior to and will be posted the Monday of the week of the event date.
Please include the following in your submission
- Start & end time of event
- Event details
- Link and/or contact information for your event
To submit your event e-mail information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Week of November 27th
- November-May - The Monarch Cafe ~ Songs and Stories in the Round is slated for Fridays from November through May in 2023-2024. doors opening at 6:30 pm and show at 7 pm. To purchase tickets for Monarch Cafe at $15 per person, visit the Box Office Thursdays to Saturdays from 11 am - 1 pm, purchase at the door 30 minutes before showtime or online at https://banktheatre.com/project/monarch-cafe-series-5/
- November - This November, the Windsor Cancer Centre Foundation’s Grow On Windsor campaign returns! At the official kick off, it was announced that funds raised throughout this campaign will support the launch of a Stem Cell Transplant Program at the Windsor Regional Cancer Centre. Organizations and individuals can join the campaign at www.growonwindsor.com by creating a profile, partaking in community promotions, and attending local events throughout November.
- November 24-December 3 - University Players is excited to present the hilarious comedy "The Play That Goes Wrong" at Essex Hall Theatre on the University of Windsor campus. The show will run from November 24-December 3, 2023, with evening performances at 7:30 pm and matinees at 2:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Tickets for "The Play That Goes Wrong" are available for purchase online at the University Players website, by phone at (519) 253-3000 ext. 2808, or in person at the University of Windsor box office. Student and group discounts are available. Don't miss your chance to experience the hilarity and chaos of "The Play That Goes Wrong" at Essex Hall Theatre in Windsor, Ontario.
- November 27-December 23 - Leamington Arts Centre’s annual arts and crafts show offers perfect unique custom created “signature” and beautiful gifts for everyone on your list! Come see a wide array presentation of jewelry, glassware, stained glass, pottery and woodworking arts and crafts, acrylic, oil and watercolour paintings, photography and much more; handmade items to fit every budget from stocking stuffers to large scale works of art. Everyone is certain to enjoy shopping in this month-long “holiday shoppe.”
- November 28 - This Giving Tuesday, Oven 360 locations across Windsor-Essex County are teaming up with United Way for a heartwarming initiative named "Baking a Difference." The collaborative fundraiser invites individuals to contribute to their community by making a donation to Oven 360, either in-store or online, in exchange for a loaf of bread.
- November 29 - Leamington air cadets are hosting a poorboy lunch on Wednesday 29th from 11-2 at the Leamington agricultural center. Tickets are $8 in advance or $10 at the door. Come out and support the local air cadets and toys for tots.
- December 1 - Pasta dinner at St Paul's Anglican Church - 92 St Paul Street Essex (Behind Essex Appliance) 5 - 630 pm, $12 per person, dine in or takeout, entertainment by WECAP, call 519-776-7711 for more details.
- December 1 - We are celebrating our Customer Appreciation Day on Friday Dec 1st. We are giving away 1 free gyro per person. Must be in person at the store to qualify between 5-8pm. No purchase necessary. Only 1 gyro per person. Leamington Gyros n More at 129 Erie St.
- December 2 - We are excited to welcome Santa Claus back to LaSalle! During his time away from the North Pole, Santa will join LaSalle Mayor Crystal Meloche for a pancake breakfast and everyone is invited to join in the fun! The breakfast is hosted at the Event Centre, located at 970 Front Road, on Saturday, December 2, from 9:00 am to 11:30 am. Event tickets are $8.50 per person and can be purchased online only. Visit the Breakfast with Santa and the Mayor web page for more information.
- December 2 - The Silver Bells Handbell Choir is pleased to announce its upcoming concert, which promises to delight audiences of all ages. The concert will be held on Saturday December 2 at 4:00 PM at the Emmanuel United Church, 1728 Lincoln Road, Windsor. The concert is child friendly and free to the public with an opportunity to make donations to the ongoing needs of the choirs. Don't miss this opportunity to experience the joy and beauty of handbell music! For more info visit www.SilverBellsWindsor.com
- December 2 - The Downtown Windsor Business Improvement Association (DWBIA) is thrilled to announce the return of the cherished Santa Claus Parade organized by the Windsor Parade Corporation to its original downtown route, bringing the enchanting spirit of Christmas back to the heart of the city on December 2, 2023, at 6 pm.
- December 3 - ''Turkey Bingo'' is back at St. Josephs Church from 7p-10p. Enjoy 10 regular rounds, two share the wealth rounds and one Basket round. Awesome door prizes, and many of them!! Kitchen will be selling hot dogs, chips and pop, coffee, tea, water. Admission is $5. Extra cards for sale, and 50/50 draw. Come on out and join in on the fun! We still mark the cards with corn kernels!