Ride Don't Hide, Virtually!
Ride Don’t Hide 2020 is charting a new path From now until the end of June, we’re asking you to Ride Don’t Hide, virtually! Choose your own adventure, and support the Canadian Mental Health Association Windsor Essex Branch. Whether you ride 100km over the month, take leisurely strolls on Sunday afternoons, or casually pedal on a stationary bike through your next Netflix binge . However you take care of yourself this spring, that’s your ride, and sharing it with others—that’s your Don’t Hide! Register now at ridedonthide.com/windsor. Even in isolation, no one rides alone.
How it works:
1. Register here to Ride Outside, Ride Inside, or Ride In Spirit.
2. Then, raise funds and bring mental health into the open, wherever you are.
3. Set a goal to challenge yourself – announce it on your personal fundraising page. Your goal could be to:
· Ride 100 km in June
· Spin or stationary bike for 50km or 500 minutes
· Walk, run, hike 20km or 100 minutes
· Move, dance, do yoga or meditate every day in June
· Or whatever you do to take care of your own mental health.
OR set a fundraising goal. Ask for:
· $10 for every km or minute of cycling or spinning
· $25 for each day of of a 30 day challenge
· $500 to help provide one hour of virtual counselling
· $1,000 to help create online resources to help Canadians cope
4. Then, spread the word. You can use the tools in your Fundraising Dashboard or in our online Rider Centre.
5. Track your progress on your fundraising page with regular updates, or livestream a ride or a challenge.
6. Finally, connect. Ride Don’t Hide will be bringing you stories, training tips, wellness info and more, all online. Participate from your phone while on a ride or a jog, from your living room, backyard or wherever. Because we don't have to be together to be a movement for mental health.