COVID-19 Closure and Cancellation Guide
According to CTV News, Canada has 6,228 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 63 deaths, 482 have recovered.
Ontario has 1,355 of the confirmed cases of the virus.
The Government of Canada has released an online self-assessment tool for COVID-19.
Canadians who believe they are engaged in essential travel but encounter difficulties getting across the Canada-U.S. border can call for help using a new hotline established by the Canada Border Services Agency — it is now available 24 hours a day and can be reached by calling 1-800-461-9999.
- Erie Shores Healthcare - ESHC updated its visitor policy on March 26
- Essex County - All of Essex County is now under a state of emergency to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- City of Windsor - The city of Windsor has declared a state of emergency to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- VIA Rail - Via Rail is limiting its train service, including routes to and from Windsor.
- ERCA - All programming will be cancelled until April 5, 2020. This includes public and private school programming, festivals and events, and workshops.
- Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare - The hospital has revised its rules moving forward
- Kingsville/Essex/Lakeshore - Effective Wednesday, March 18, Kingsville, Essex and Lakeshore have locked the doors at all facilities including town halls.
- Essex County Civic Centre - The county will close the building to the public starting Thursday March 19.
- Lakeshore Dog Pound - The Town has decided to close the Dog Pound to the public effective immediately. The Dog Pound will continue to accept stray dogs brought to them by local Animal Control Officers.
- Town of Tecumseh - Town of Tecumseh is closing all public facing offices as of Wednesday, March 18 at noon. This includes the Town Hall, Arena, Fire Hall and Public Works and Parks & Recreation Offices. Work continues in the offices with service provided by phone, e-mail and drop-box.
- LaSalle Civic Centre - LaSalle Civic Centre will be closed to the public and non-essential visitors effective at noon on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
- Kingsville Rabies Clinic - Town of Kingsville is cancelling the Rabies Vaccination Clinic originally scheduled for Saturday, April 4, 2020 from 2 p.m.-7 p.m. at the Kingsville Arena. The early dog tag registration deadline has also been extended to April 30, 2020.
- Diocese of London - The Diocese of London has announced significant changes to help fight COVID-19.
- LCBO - LCBO stores in Ontario will start opering on reduced hours.
- Windsor By-Election - The by-election scheduled for April 27th has been postponed.
- CH2A - The CH2A facility and hangar is closed until at least April 1st, 2020 in accordance with WECHU and the recent state of emergency declared by the Ontario government.
- Amherstburg Gibson Gallery - Gibson Gallery Centre cancelling all programs, events and public access, effective immediately, until future notice.
- Town of Amherstsbug - Municipal facilities in Amherstburg are being closed to the public due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Cineplex - Canada's largest cinema chain has announced it's closing all of its 165 theatres including Windsor-Essex.
- Kid's First Food Bank - has new measures and restrictions in place as well as a new breakfast bag program
- U of W - Until further notice, the University of Windsor will be cancelling or postponing all non-essential University events both on and off campus. This means that the School of Creative Arts (SoCA) has cancelled remaining concerts scheduled for March and April.
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario - all service locations closed until April 6th, include all health, fitness and aquatics branches, child cares centres and March Break camps.
- NDP MP Brian Masse - constituency office closed to public walk-ins however services will be available by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and phone (519-255-1631).
- Life After Fifty - All ON-SITE programs and services at both Life After Fifty locations will be postponed, including Foot Care.
- Elton John - “Farewell Yellow Brick Road” shows on May 1-2 at Little Caesars Arena are to be rescheduled to 2021
- Caesars Windsor and casinos across the province have been ordered closed by the end of day Monday by the OLG
- Kingsville - has closed all of its recreation centres and will limit some services and meetings.
- Amherstburg - has closed the Libro Centre and cancelled recreational programs.
- The City of Windsor is closing all public facilities until April 6
- The Diocese of London - has announced weekend masses throughout the southwestern Ontario have been cancelled to help reduce gatherings of 250 or more
- The University of Windsor - has cancelled classes for three days starting Monday as part of its Emergency Academic Plan
- The Town of LaSalle - shutting down all recreational facilities and cancelling all March Break programming
- Essex County Library branches - have cancelled all March Break activities and room rentals beginning Saturday
- Town of Tecumseh - The Town has activated a partial Emergency Operations Centre
- Town of Lakeshore - All recreational facilities are closed including the Atlas Tube Centre, Comber Community Centre and Libro Community Centre until at least April 6 — town hall will remain open with normal business hours
- St Clair College - St. Clair College will move to online classes starting March 23 following March Break and has cancelled on campus labs and clinics.
- Chatham-Kent - The Municipality of Chatham-Kent is ordering several closures due to COVID-19 including licensed daycare centres and the cancellation of public events and services
- Windsor Assembly Plant - The company says there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 at the plant.
- Town of Essex - has closed all recreation facilities until April 6
- Windsor Regional Hospital- Visitor restrictions are being put in place at Windsor Regional Hospital
- Windsor Public Library - Windsor Public Library (WPL) has suspended all programming and outreach activities, effective immediately.
St Clair Updates
- St Clair Campus - All college campuses, including the locations in south Windsor, downtown Windsor and in Chatham, are closed for an additional two weeks.
- Easter Seals Telethon March 26/29 – Postponed
- Gerry D, Chrysler Theatre - Cancelled
- Legacy 3K Run, March 29 – Cancelled
- Legends of Motown - April 4 Chrysler Theatre cancelled
- SportsPlex/HealthPlex – All events canceled until further notice
- College Music Theatre Students Spring Show, Chrysler Theate, April 23-25, Cancelled
- Alumni of Distinction Awards, April 7 – Postponed
- Explore the Trades, April 8 – Cancelled
- St. Clair College Athletic Awards Banquet, April 8 – Cancelled
- Powerline Rodeo , Chatham Campus, April 9 – Cancelled
- California Food and Wine Dinner, Eatery 101, April 17 – Cancelled
- Fashion Design Students Fashion Show, Student Life Centre, April 25 – Cancelled
- Olympics - Japan is delaying the 2020 Olympics until next year.
- MLB - The league has announced it is delaying the start of the season until mid-May.
- Tim Hortons - all dining room seating will close as of March 17 in an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- USA - President Donald Trump has declared a national state of emergency
- NHL - The NHL has suspended the regular season effective immediately
- CHL - The Canadian Hockey League (CHL), which includes the OHL says it will suspend the regular season.
- NCAA - All men’s and women’s 2020 basketball tournaments, as well as all remaining winter and spring NCAA championships are cancelled
- NBL - The National Basketball League of Canada (NBL) announced it is suspending basketball operations until further notice
- World Figure Skating Championships - CANCELLED
- Women’s World Curling Championship - postponed indefinitely
- Juno Awards - Cancelled
- Wrestlemania - WWE says it is preparing contingency plans for Wrestlemania 36, which is set for next month in Tampa, Florida.
- GOJHL - playoffs cancelled
- Boston Marathon - The 124th Boston Marathon has been postponed until September 14, 2020.
- Masters - Augusta National decided Monday to postpone the Masters because of the spread of the coronavirus.
Show Us How You Care