Leamington Added to Provincially Approved Emergency Child Care Plan
Leamington is now part of the provincially approved Emergency Child Care Plan for the regiong.
Eight licensed Child Care Centres in Windsor-Essex have been providing free childcare for emergency support workers during the COVID-19 pandemic since April 6.
"Originally we had surveyed the community to determine the need of our essential work staff and work force," Dawn Bosco, the city's Manager of Children’s Services. "The province has since expanded the eligibility for workers to be able to be covered for the emergency child care."
Bosco says the centres are doing a wonderful job during the pandemic.
"They are following increased protocol with the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit because the plan was developed in conjunction with them and they do have enhanced measures to ensure safety for children and families," says Bosco.
Essential workers eligible for the care include doctors, nurses, paramedics, firefighters, police and correctional officers.
Application forms can be found on the city's website or by calling 519-255-5312.
Below is a complete listing of the Licensed Child Care Centres that have been approved as part of the Emergency Child Care Plan for Windsor-Essex County:
- The Toy Box Early Childhood Education Centre Inc. - 197 Talbot Street West, Leamington
- Olivia DiMaio Inc. - 430 Advance Boulevard, Lakeshore
- Olivia DiMaio Inc. - 1700 Sprucewood Avenue, LaSalle
- The Children’s House Montessori (BrightPath) - 2611 Labelle Street, Windsor
- The School House Academy - 3450 Ypres, Windsor
Below is a list of Licensed Home Child Care Agencies that are currently open and have space available:
- Wee Watch - (LaSalle Day Care Services Inc.) 519-776-9797
- Great Beginnings - Home Child Care Program 519-984-8928
- Windsor East Daycare Services Inc. (Wee Watch) 226-526-4474