Moncton man charged with 18 offences including sexual assault, firearm offences
A 38-year-old man has been charged with 18 offences, including sexual assault and several firearms charges, following an investigation by the New Brunswick RCMP.
New Brunswick RCMP say on July 14, 2020, they received a report of an assault that had taken place in the Moncton area.
As part of the investigation, police executed a search warrant at a home on Clarendon Drive in Moncton on July 16th, and seized several firearms and other items.
On July 15, police arrested a 38-year-old Marc Everett Lebouthiller.
On July 17, Lebouthiller appeared via teleremand and was charged with:
- two counts of assault
- sexual assault
- three counts of uttering threats
- three counts of possession of firearms without licence
- three counts of knowingly possessing firearms without licence
- careless storage of a firearm
- carless storage of ammunition
- possession of lock picking tools
- possession of a prohibited weapon.
He was remanded in custody pending a bail hearing on July 22 in Moncton Provincial Court.
The investigation is continuing.