Unattended Cooking Blamed for Windsor Fire


Unattended cooking is blamed for a New Year's Day house fire in Windsor. 

Firefighters were called to a home in the 1100 block of Glicka Court early Tuesday evening. 

Crews say flames were first spotted in the basement and there was dense smoke. 

Investigators determined the blaze started in the lower level kitchen and was caused by unattended cooking. 

No one was hurt as all of the residents were able to escape safely. 

Damage is pegged at $150,000.