Halifax Regional Police charge man for weapons and drug offenses
Halifax Police say they have charged a man for weapons and drugs offenses after the search of a residence in Dartmouth.
Officers responded around 8:45 a.m. on October 29 to an assist citizen call at a residence on Elmwood Avenue.
Police say they observed what was believed to be a restricted firearm inside the residence and obtained a search warrant.
During the search, police seized two rifles, ammunition and crack cocaine and a 34-year-old man was arrested at the scene without incident.
Halifax Regional Police say the man was released to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court at a later date to face the following charges:
- Possession of a controlled substance;
- Two counts of Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Two counts of Improper storage of a firearm
- Two counts of unauthorized possession of a restricted firearm
- Two counts of Possession of a restricted ammunition with a license