Red Cross aids couple after fire in Valley

(Submitted/Canadian Red Cross)

The Canadian Red Cross says a couple is temporarily homeless following a fire in Valley Tuesday morning.

A release says they fire was reported around 10:00 a.m. and destroyed the couple's small bungalow.

Volunteers assisted the couple with emergency purchases of food, clothing and other basics and the couple has made arrangements to stay with a relative for the time being.

No injuries were reported.

Valley is approximately 10 kilometers east of Truro, NS.