Two charged with cocaine trafficking and firearms offences in Elmsdale
Colchester District RCMP says two people have been charged with trafficking cocaine and multiple firearms offences in Elmsdale.
Officers conducted a traffic stop on July 17 on Highway 214 and a loaded firearm was located on the front passenger floor of the car.
Police say the vehicle was seized and 27-year-old Serena Marie Hollingsworth of Bible Hill and 32-year-old Timothy Charles Gower of Valley were arrested.
A release states ammunition, cocaine, cash, cellphones and related documents were seized when the vehicle was searched.
RCMP say both people are facing eight charges, including:
- Using a Firearm in the Commission of an Offence
- Careless Use of a Firearm
- Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- Possession of Firearm When Knowing Possession is Unauthorized
- Possession of Firearm in a Motor Vehicle
- Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking
Hollingsworth and Gower have been released on conditions and are scheduled to appear in Sheubenacadie Provincial Court on September 21.