Two in hospital after house fire in Edmundston

Canadian Red Cross

Two men are in hospital and a third has been displaced after a fire at a house containing three apartments in Edmundston on Thursday.

The Canadian Red Cross says the homeowner was taken to hospital after jumping from an upstairs window to escape the flames, while a tenant was taken to hospital and later released, before being readmitted for unspecified reasons.

Volunteers assisted the third tenant with emergency lodging and funds for purchases of food, clothing, taxi fare and some other basic needs.

The aid agency says the older two-storey structure had to be town down after the fire, which was reported shortly after 7 a.m.

Check out what we've been playing