Owen Sound Household Hazardous Waste Event – Saturday, September 25, 2021
Due to a number of previous Household Hazardous Waste Days being cancelled in accordance with Provincial regulations, the City of Owen Sound has added an additional event, scheduled for this Saturday September 25, 2021.
Residents are encouraged to print and complete the Hazardous Waste Report Form and bring this form with them when they come to the event. The form can be found at owensound.ca/wastemanagement.
Please note that the following materials are not accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Events:
- Infectious wastes (such as syringes)
- Radioactive wastes
- Explosives (ammunition, flares, gun powder)
- Unidentified waste (unlabelled items)
- Improperly contained waste (compromised containers, missing lids, leaking materials)
The City is unable to accept material generated by farms, industrial, commercial, and institutional sources.
For more information, please contact Rick Chappell, Supervisor Environmental Services at 519-376-4440 ext. 1226 or email to email@example.com.
- The City of Owen Sound is prohibited by law from accepting hazardous waste at any other time other than the Household Hazardous Waste Events scheduled
- The event is open to residents of:
- City of Owen Sound;
- Municipality of Chatsworth;
- Municipality of Meaford;
- Municipality of Georgian Bluffs;
- Municipality of West Grey; and,
- Municipality of Grey Highlands
- All residents attending the Household Hazardous Waste Event must bring valid ID indicating their home address from the municipalities listed above.
- Used fuel containers (gasoline and/or diesel) will not be returned