What Happened May 22nd In Pop Music History
It’s May 22nd and these are some of the things that happened on this day in pop music history:
- In 2010, Ottawa’s Alanis Morissette married rapper Mario “Souleye” Treadway at their home in Los Angeles.
- In 1993, Janet Jackson's "That's The Way Love Goes" remained at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for the second of eight weeks.
- In 2017, a suicide bomber detonated a device outside an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena in England, killing 22 people and wounding nearly 140 others.
- In 2007, Joey Fatone of NSYNC placed second on Season 2 of Dancing With The Stars, behind Olympian Apolo Anton Ohno.
- In 1967, Dan Roberts, bass player in Canadian band Crash Test Dummies, was born in Winnipeg.
- In 2017, Toronto rap star Drake was named winner in 13 categories at the Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, breaking Adele's record for the most wins in one night.
And that’s what popped on this day.
Here is what popped on this day.
She follows Justin Bieber and Shania Twain.
Maren Morris and YUNGBLUD are among those taking to social media.
It is available digitally for the first time.
There is one little problem.
The rapper recently became a dad.
The singer-actor is the US ambassador for the brand.
Members of the group recently announced they are focusing on solo projects.
The Latin urban music awards were handed out in Puerto Rico.