City of Fredericton
- The City Hall Service Centre is open weekdays for the public to access a wide range of City Services and payments
- Pre-Booking an appointment is now available here.
- Water & Sewer Bills and By-Law Violations and Parking Tickets can be paid online.
- During COVID-19, the City will not shut off water to residents who cannot pay their water and sewer bill. Phone Service Fredericton at 506-460-2020 to make other arrangements
What essential services continue to operate?
- 911 Communications Centre. In the event of an emergency, the public should continue to call 9-1-1. Medical inquiries about COVID-19 should be directed to 8-1-1.
- Other essential services that will continue to operate include potable water, sewage treatment, police and fire services, road clearing, garbage collection, and public communications.
- Service Fredericton. To report problems related to City services, the public should continue to call 506-460-2020 or email email@example.com. Continue to use this number for after hours calls for service.
- To discuss applications for variances, subdivisions and rezonings, as well as requests for zoning letters please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to proceed.
- To discuss and submit applications for heritage development approvals, please contact email@example.com for instructions on how to proceed.
- To discuss and submit building, plumbing, and sign permit applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To schedule a building or plumbing inspection for a project under construction, please contact the inspector assigned to your project directly or email@example.com.
- City Council Meetings. Regular Council and Council-in-Committee meetings, as well as Standing Committees, continue using a combination of in-person and virtual formats. Agenda items for these meetings are currently focused on matters of governance related to keeping the City running.
- Protective Measures. Staff carrying out essential services will follow all provincial safety protocols to protect themselves and the public from COVID-19. This will include practicing social distancing, washing hands and/or using hand sanitizer, wearing protective gear, as appropriate, and cleaning high touch surfaces. Employees who feel ill will immediately be asked to self-isolate.
The following Facilities and Programs are open/operating. Patrons and participants are urged to observe all signage, practice social distancing and sanitize hands:
- Beach volleyball courts;
- Dirt Bike Jump Skills Park (Grant-Harvey Centre)
- Disc Golf Courses
- Dog Parks
- Fredericton Boyce Farmers Market
- Fredericton indoor pool, including swim lessons and programs
- Outdoor Pools, including swim lessons
- Killarney Lake Beach
- Lawn Bowling Green
- Nature Day Camps - August 24 Start Date
- Northside Youth Centre and Skateboard Day Camps
- Pickelball Courts
- Skate Parks
- Sports Fields/Ball Fields
- Tennis Courts
- Transit (modified schedule, fare collection reinstated, masks required for travel)
- Visitor Information Centre
- Zig Zag Summer Playground Program
The following Facilities and Programs are CLOSED
- Arenas, including walking tracks
- July 13 - The Olympic ice surface at the Centre will reopen;
- July 20 - The NHL ice surface will re-open
- Additional ice sheets will be made available at other arenas at a later date, as demand dictates
- Outdoor Basketball Courts
- Changing of the Guard Ceremony at Officers Square
- Community School Gyms
- Garrison Night Market
- Gaurd House Programming
- Heritage Walking Tours
- Johnston Avenue Senior Centre
- Killarney Lake Lodge
- Marysville Heritage Centre
- Nashwaaksis Field House
- Odell Lodge
- Outdoor Film Series
- Stepping Stone Centre
- Summer Band Concerts
- Trail Visitor Centre
- Wading Pools
- Wilmot Splash Pad