Sing your way to clean hands
With the current panic over the coronavirus, regular hand washing has become especially crucial.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), you may be washing your hands incorrectly.
Though it may seem trivial, the CDC has come up with 5 steps to ensure that your routine is up to standards:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Not up for singing "Happy Birthday" each time you wash your hands? A U.K.-based developer known only as NeonCloth has come up with Wash Your Lyrics, an online tool that incorporates your favourite song lyrics into a step-by-step hand washing infographic.
Nirvana: Smells Like Teen Spirit
The Beatles: Here Comes The Sun
Metallica: Enter Sandman
The Black Keys: Gold On The Ceiling
Try NeonCloth's hand washing tool at WashYourLyrics.com.