Why July 21st Matters In Rock History
It’s July 21st and here are some reasons why this day matters in rock history:
- In 1987, Guns N’ Roses put out their debut album, Appetite for Destruction.
- In 1990, former Pink Floyd member Roger Waters staged a production of his rock opera The Wall in Berlin.
- In 1971, Black Sabbath released their third album, Master of Reality.
- In 1973, Jim Croce started a two-week run at No. 1 on the singles chart with “Bad, Bad Leroy Brown.”
- In 1998, The Beastie Boys kicked off a tour in Seattle in support of their fifth album, Hello Nasty.
- And in 1994, Oasis played their first-ever American show. It was part of the New Music Seminar in New York City.
And that’s what happened today in Rock History.
Original article by Dave Basner at iHeartRadio