CP24 CHUM CHRISTMAS WISH
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish program has become one of the largest distributors of toys to children in need in the Greater Toronto Area. The program also provides financial assistance to hundreds of agencies, ensuring that hundreds of thousands of children across the GTA enjoy a holiday experience. With the help of RBC Royal Bank, the AIR MILES Reward Program, as well as the generous donations from our loyal viewers and listeners, the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish in conjunction with Toronto Social Services assisted hundreds of thousands of people in need through toy and financial support.
Where can donations be made?
Financial donations in the form of cash, cheques, and toy donations in the form of new, unwrapped toys for newborns to kids 18 years of age will be accepted at the following locations:
- CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish Warehouse – 1366 Blundell Road, Mississauga
- Toy donations can be dropped off in the collection boxes located near the loading dock at the rear of the building
- Cash/cheque donations can be dropped off in the locked mail box located at the main entrance to the reception desk
- Please contact us (visit www.thewish.ca for contact information) for larger donation drop-offs or donations requiring a pickup
- Online at thewish.ca
- Text WISH to 30333 to easily donate your choice of $10, $20, or $25 starting September 1 (this charge will appear on your phone bill)
- New monthly giving option: Reply YES to the follow up message to enable a recurring monthly donation of your choice to the Wish!
Key Toys We Are Looking For:
Children in the two age groups below can be difficult to shop for and are often overlooked by donors, making them key groups we like to encourage donations to. Below is a list of gift ideas that can be suitable for both age groups.
*Due to COVID-19, we are encouraging donations of toys that have an outer packaging/cover. Please avoid donating plush toys (i.e. teddy bears) or toys with porous material.
Infants & Babies
Please make sure the toy is age appropriate by the manufacturer’s age rating (0 – 6 months) and (3 months+) with the following criteria:
- Developmental toys (Fisher Price, Baby Einstein, Playskool, Leap Frog Baby)
- No ‘button’ eyes or noses – features must be soft and sewn on securely
- Package should say ‘Infant Friendly’ or ‘Baby’s First’, ‘Infantino’, etc.
- No small parts
Children Ages 10 to 18 Years Old
- Gift cards (Hudson's Bay, Walmart, H&M, Shoppers Drug Mart, Rexall, Gap, Stitches, Chapters, Coles, Old Navy, Garage, Blue Notes, etc.)
- Sports equipment (soccer, basketball, football, hockey, skateboards, scooters, etc.)
- Bicycles, Bicycle helmets
- Cosmetics (age appropriate: 16 – 18 years old)
- Personal care and grooming gift packs
- Hair products and accessories (curling/flat irons, blow dryers, beard groomers, etc.)
- Diaries/journals, notebooks
- Creative and craft supplies
- Purses, knapsacks/backpacks
- Clock radios/Digital alarm clocks
- Electronic games
Unfortunately, due to the current health and safety concerns surrounding COVID-19, the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish will not be able to host our loyal volunteers in 2020. We hope to see you again soon!