Woman seriously injured in Laval house fire; building had no working smoke detector

Incendie Laval file photo. SOURCE Association des Pompiers de Laval

A Laval fire left a woman with serious injuries on Saturday morning.

The Laval fire department said it received a call at 1 a.m. about a house engulfed in flames.

Two adults and a 12-year-old child were inside. While the three occupants managed to get out, the mother suffered severe burns.

Fire officials said a large amount of snow outside the main door prevented the woman from exiting the building quickly.

Laval police said the home had no working smoke detector.