22 new COVID-19 cases, 3 new school outbreaks in Windsor-Essex
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is reporting 22 new cases of COVID-19 and three more school outbreaks in the region.
The death toll related to COVID-19 in the region remains at 460 people.
The health unit says 211 cases are currently active, including 147 variants of concern (VOC) cases.
Windsor Regional Hospital is reporting six people with COVID in hospital – five are unvaccinated and one is fully vaccinated. There is one unvaccinated person in the WRH ICU.
According to the Erie Shores Healthcare website, there are eight unvaccinated COVID patients in hospital and one patient who is partially/fully vaccinated.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 20,302 confirmed cases of the virus, including 19,631 people who have recovered.
OUTBREAKS IN WINDSOR-ESSEX:
- 9 workplaces
- 1 long-term care or retirement home
- 1 community outbreaks
- 9 school outbreaks. The new outbreaks are at St. Angela Catholic Elementary School, Mount Carmel Blytheswood Public School and Giles Campus French Immersion Public School
BREAKDOWN OF NEW CASES:
- 13 cases are close contacts of confirmed cases
- 4 cases are community acquired
- 1 case is outbreak related
- 4 cases are still under investigation
WINDSOR-ESSEX COUNTY RESIDENTS VACCINATED:
- 322,212 WEC residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine
- 18,027 WEC residents have only received 1 dose
- 304,185 WEC residents have received both doses of a vaccine
- 4,690 WEC residents have received a 3rd dose/booster shot of a vaccine. Please note: Third Doses of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine are available for select vulnerable populations. Further information is available at https://www.wechu.org/cv/clinics#third-dose.
- A total of 631,087 doses have been administered to WEC residents
- 84.9% of WEC residents 12+ have received at least 1 dose
- 80.2% of WEC residents 12+ are fully vaccinated.