37 new COVID-19 cases reported in Windsor-Essex, no new deaths
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is reporting 37 new cases of COVID-19 and no new deaths.
The death toll related to COVID-19 is at 403 people.
The province announced Thursday that Windsor-Essex will be part of a province-wide emergency brake shutdown for the next month.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 13,928 confirmed cases of the virus, including 13,188 people who have recovered.
Here’s the breakdown of new cases:
- 17 cases are close contacts of confirmed cases
- 5 cases are community acquired
- 2 are related to outbreaks
- 13 cases are still under investigation.
WECHU says there are 337 active cases. There are 14 people with confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the hospital and four people are in the ICU.
The health unit says 79 local Variant of Concern (VOC) cases have been identified in Windsor-Essex. That’s an increase of nine from Wednesday.Of the 79 variants, 28 are active and being followed by WECHU.
Here’s the number of Windsor-Essex County residents vaccinated:
- 81,335 WEC residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine
- 69,030 WEC residents have received only 1 dose of a vaccine
- 12,305 WEC residents have received both doses of a vaccine
- A total of 93,640 doses have been administered to WEC residents.