CALGARY — Following a five-month investigation, Calgary police have charged a husband and wife with drug trafficking offences.
The investigation was launched in May after police suspected a cocaine trafficking operation was underway in the southwest part of the city.
A search warrant was executed at a home in the 0-100 block of Shawbrooke Circle S.W. on Sept. 25, where police seized:
- 62 grams of cocaine with an estimated street value of about $9,900
- 15 grams of methamphetamine with a street value of about $1,000
- $830 in cash
Police also seized a digital scale, paperwork for tracking cash and proceeds of crime and support gear for an outlaw motorcycle gang. Police said Goodwin is not a known member of an outlaw motorcycle gang.
Donald Wilfred Goodwin, 62, and his wife, Karen Ruth Goodwin, 52, are now facing charges of:
- Two counts of trafficking cocaine
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking
- Three counts of proceeds of crime
Anyone with information is asked to call the police non-emergency line at 403-266-1234 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.