Real estate agents across British Columbia are being asked to temporarily stop holding open houses in an effort to curb the rise of COVID-19.
The recommendation comes from the regulatory agencies overseeing B.C. real estate professionals as well as the provincial association representing Realtors.
Erin Seeley, the CEO of the Real Estate Council of B.C., says in a statement that real estate agents should use virtual tools to protect clients.
The request to temporarily end open houses follows an order last week by the provincial health officer to limit the size of gatherings in private residences to the immediate household plus their so-called “safe six.”
Also today, police in New Westminster announced a man has been charged with three counts of violating the Quarantine Act after returning from the United States last month.
New Westminster Police say 47-year-old Makhan Singh Parhar was arrested Monday on allegations he repeatedly left his home despite being told of the mandatory requirement to isolate for 14 days.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Nov. 5, 2020.