$data.PageTitle

Lakeshore and Tecumseh firefighters respond to a blaze at the Twigg's restaurant on Sept. 30, 2019. ( Rich Garton / CTV Windsor )

LAKESHORE -- A popular restaurant along County Road 22 in Emeryville went up in flames late Monday afternoon.

Fire crews from Lakeshore and Tecumseh fire departments battled the blaze at Twigg's Bar and Grill, which broke out shortly after 4 p.m.

Firefighters continued to hose down hot spots, unable to get the smoke under control for a number of hours. At 9:30 p.m., fire crews from Tecumseh were still on scene providing mutual aid.

According to the restaurant owners, some people were inside when the fire started, but they were able to get out safely.

County Road 22 was closed between Renaud Line and I.C. Roy Drive for a number of hours during rush hour, causing heavy traffic in the area.

There’s no official word on how the fire started or the extent of damage.

The investigation is ongoing.

TFRS crews are on scene with our aerial in Lakeshore for mutual aid in the 1200 block of county rd 22. Twiggs restaurant. pic.twitter.com/ltbVRm8L8m

— Tecumseh Fire ���� (@TECFD) September 30, 2019