The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is reporting five new cases of COVID-19 in the region on Tuesday.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 2,869 confirmed cases of the virus, including 2721 people who have recovered.
Here’s the breakdown of new cases:
- 1 case is a resident of a retirement home
- 1 case is a local healthcare worker
- 1 case is a close contact of a confirmed case
- 1 case is travel related to Michigan
- 1 case is still under investigation
There are two outbreaks in long term care and retirement homes. Lifetimes on Riverside has three residents and four staff members who have tested positive. Iller Lodge in Essex has two residents and one staff member with the virus.
The health unit says there have been cases in schools, but no outbreaks in schools. There are no listed outbreaks in workplaces.
There have been 76 deaths related to COVID-19 in Windsor-Essex. Fifty-three deaths are related to residents in retirement or long-term care homes and two are related to migrant workers.