Gas shut off after leak prompts evacuation of 18 units in south London townhouse complex
The London Fire Department had to evacuate several units after a natural gas leak at a townhouse complex in south London on Monday.
According to fire officials, 18 units of a townhouse complex on Singleton Avenue near Bradley Avenue were either evacuated or confirmed empty.
The London Fire Department remained on scene for several hours along with crews from Enbridge.
Shortly after 3 p.m. everyone was allowed to return to their homes.
There have been no reports of any injuries.
Incident final update - gas leak Singleton Ave: the gas has been shut off. LFD crews ensured no gas readings in any units. All evacuees are permitted to return to their units. @enbridgegas has care & control of the scene. LFD crews have cleared. #ldnont— London Fire Department (@LdnOntFire) May 31, 2021