Guns, ammo and drugs seized by RCMP from Langdon, Alta. home
Strathmore RCMP say they have arrested two people and seized a significant quantity of contraband in connection with an ongoing investigation.
Officials say members of the general investigation section as well as the emergency response team and a canine unit executed a search warrant at a home on Dead Horse Road in Langdon at about 9:30 a.m. on May 7.
While inside the home, police located and seized firearms, prohibited devices, ammunition and a small amount of what is believed to be illicit cannabis.
A man and a woman found inside the home were arrested at the scene.
Michael Goodine, 46, of Langdon, is charged with 27 new charges and was remanded into custody based on a number of breaches of previous release orders.
Some of the charges include:
- Two counts of unlawful possession of a firearm;
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose;
- Three counts of possession of a firearm/ammunition in contravention of a prohibition order;
- Two counts of unsafe storage of a firearm;
- Seven counts of possession of a prohibited device;
- 11 counts of failure to comply with a condition of a release order; and
- Possession of illicit cannabis.
The woman arrested at the scene was also charged in the incident, but was released on a promise to appear in provincial court at a later date. She will be identified once charges have been filed against her.
Langdon is located approximately 30 minutes east of Calgary.