Halifax police charge three men, one woman with drugs and firearms offences
Police have charged three men and one woman with drug and firearms offences after searching a residence in Halifax early Friday morning.
Halifax Regional Police says on May 28, investigators in the Guns and Gangs Unit obtained a warrant for an address on Larry Uteck Boulevard in Halifax in relation to an ongoing investigation.
Police say they searched the residence and seized a quantity of cocaine, over $22,000, and a loaded handgun. Three men and one woman were arrested at the scene.
An 18-year-old man, a 20-year-old man and a 24-year-old woman, all from Halifax, will appear in court at a later date to face charges of:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine
- Production of substance
- Unsafe storage contrary to regulations
- Unsafe handling of a firearm
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Carrying a concealed firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing it is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession in motor vehicle
- Possession of a restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of weapon obtained by commission of an offence
Raheem Orlando Munroe, 28, of Halifax, is also facing the above charges as well as two counts of possession of weapons and ammunition contrary to a court order and three counts of breaching another court order. He is appeared in Halifax Provincial Court on Friday.
Anyone with information about illegal drug activity is asked to contact police or Crime Stoppers.