Here's what's open and closed this Civic Holiday
Here's a look at what's open and closed for the Civic Holiday.
What's open on Monday:
- Georgian Mall, Tanger Outlets, Vaughan Mills Mall, Upper Canada Mall, Orillia Square
- Canada's Wonderland
- Beer Store
- Some LCBO stores with reduced hours
- Some restaurants
- Some pharmacies. Search for local pharmacies and clinics here
What's closed on Monday:
- Most banks
- Public libraries
- Federal, municipal and provincial buildings
- Post offices
Transit services for Monday:
- Barrie Transit will run according to the regular Sunday service schedule
- Orillia transit - no service
- Midland - no service
- Simcoe County LINX - no service
- GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
Waste Collection for Monday:
- Barrie - No curbside collection
- Orillia - No curbside collection
- Simcoe County - waste facilities closed with collection occurring
'They are telling me how overwhelmed our ICU is': Victoria hospitals see influx of COVID-19 patientsCrystal Mundy says she is speaking on behalf of 20 doctors and nurses at the Royal Jubilee Hospital in Victoria who are afraid to come forward.
For the fourth day in a row, Ontario is seeing a decrease in the number of new COVID-19 cases reported.
Conservatives largest decline occurred in Calgary, political scientist attributes drop to Kenney's pandemic responseA Calgary political science professor says Conservatives are losing their grip on Alberta and Premier Jason Kenney's scant leadership amid the pandemic was reflected in the federal election results.
Guelph police are searching for a driver a vehicle that reportedly drove away following a collision with a child on a bike.
Norfolk County OPP are investigating an incident they say involved the theft of a very valuable musical instrument.
Much of the country is waking up to 'more of the same' Tuesday morning after Canadians re-elected another Liberal minority government in the 2021 federal election.
The Manitoba government will be announcing COVID-19 vaccine initiatives on Tuesday morning.
It's the last day of Summer and, fittingly, we'll end the season with a warmer-than-average day.