Heritage Drive, Glenmore Trail lanes remain closed after garbage truck hits bridge
Sections of Glenmore Trail and Heritage Drive in the city's southeast are expected to remain closed into Wednesday morning after a garbage truck hit the Graves Bridge from below.
The following closures were put in place in the area of Glenmore Trail and Heritage Drive at around 4:30 a.m. Tuesday:
- Closure of the northernmost lane of westbound Glenmore Trail on the Graves Bridge over the Bow River
- Closure of the southernmost lane of eastbound Glenmore Trail on the Graves Bridge over the Bow River
- No access to westbound Glenmore Trail from eastbound Heritage Drive
- No access to westbound Heritage Drive from westbound Glenmore Trail
- No access below the Graves Bridge (connection to northbound Deerfoot Trail)
- Heritage Drive closed between 13th Street and Glendeer Circle S.E.
The closures are expected to remain in place for at least 24 hours from the time of the crash to allow crews to assess the structural integrity of the bridge and determine whether repairs are required.
No injuries have been reported in connection with the collision and police have not released where the garbage truck hit the bridge.
There will be no access to Glenmore Trail westbound from eastbound Heritage Dr. or northbound Deerfoot trail underneath Graves Bridge due to a traffic accident. There will be no access to westbound Heritage Dr. from Westbound Glenmore Trial. Please find alternate routes.— Calgary Police (@CalgaryPolice) May 10, 2022
UPDATE: Single vehicle incident on Heritage Dr b/w Heritage Meadows Rd and 13 St SE, Heritage Dr is closed EB and WB. No access to WB Glenmore Tr from NB Deerfoot Tr. The EB and WB right lanes on Glenmore Tr over Heritage Dr are blocked. #yyctraffic #yycroads pic.twitter.com/EE7TP6F4et— YYC Transportation (@yyctransport) May 10, 2022