A motorcyclist is dead after a crash in Etobicoke early Friday morning, police say.
It happened in the area of Dundas Street West and Nottingham Drive at approximately 4:30 a.m.
Police said they received reports indicating that the motorcycle rider was travelling at a high rate of speed prior to the collision.
In a news release Friday afternoon, police said a 32-year-old man riding a 2007 Suzuki motorcycle was approaching Nottingham Drive when he appeared to have lost control and struck the curb.
As a result, he was ejected from his bike, police said.
Toronto Paramedic Services attempted to save the victim’s life, but he was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Traffic services is now investigating the incident. Anyone with information is being asked to contact police or Crime Stoppers anonymously.
Dundas St W + Nottingham Dr
* 4:32 am *
- Reports motorcycle travelling at high speed
- Rider crashed - unconscious
- Medics tried to save his life
- Rider pronounced deceased
- Traffic Services investigating
- Expect roads to be closed for the morning#GO1670162