Police are responding to reports of an armed carjacking in downtown Toronto and they say the incident may be linked to road rage.
It happened at approximately 8:20 p.m. in the area of Front Street and Spadina Avenue.
Initial reports by police suggest that a man was dragged out of his vehicle at knifepoint and attacked by the suspects.
Police said the suspects were last seen driving a black, four-door import as well as a burgundy mini-van. They believe that road rage may have played a role in the incident.
Officers are currently searching the area, police said in a tweet published Monday evening.
PERSON WITH A KNIFE:
Front St + Spadina Av
* 8:20 pm *
- Reports man dragged out of his car
- Attacked by another drivers
- Possible Roadrage/Carjacking
- Suspects driving a black 4 door import and burgundy mini-van
- Police searching area#GO250776